World Bank Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
World Bank Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2020-2021
|Sr. Transport Specialist||N/A|
•Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant graduate level education and experience, on transport engineering or economics.
• Proven experience in the transport sector, with demonstrated ability to work on at least three of the following areas: (a) development of transport policy and national planning instruments; (b) policy, institutional and financing aspects of transport and the elements to encourage private sector participation in the delivery of transport infrastructure or services; (c) road sector including rural mobility; (d) regional integration; (d) contract management, site management, material testing, construction (and maintenance) equipment/plant management. A good working knowledge on the procurement of works, goods and services, as well as the options to harness Digital Development technologies into the transport sector initiatives and operations will be a plus.
•Experience in working with and leading cross-sectoral teams, including teams for safeguards and fiduciary aspects, and knowledge of key cross-cutting issues that impinge on the performance of the transport sector and on which the development of transport sector infrastructure and services needs to create positive effect, including environmental and social impacts, land acquisition and resettlement, gender equality, road safety, climate change, and the interplay with digital technologies for enhance transport sector performance.
•Proven track record of design and implementation of transport programs, and experience of working on programs financed by the World Bank or other development partners, multilateral or bilateral.
•High degree of dynamism and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision. Proven practical experience in project development and management would be a strong advantage.
•Familiarity with the challenges facing the transport sector in Sub-Saharan Africa would be an advantage.
•Proven ability to build client relationships involving multiple stakeholders, to discuss transformative transport policies or reforms
•Good oral and written communications skills
- Last Date: 13th April 2020
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
World Bank Ethiopia Advertisement
World Bank Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website:- www.worldbank.org/en/country/ethiopia
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2020
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2020
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2020
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2020