World Bank Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022: World Bank Ethiopia has recently publish an advertisement notification for Extended Term Consultant and Senior Environmental Specialist jobs opening for January 2021.
World Bank Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
World Bank Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022
|Extended Term Consultant and Senior Environmental Specialist||N/A|
Extended Term Consultant Post
- At least 5 years’ of experience working in social risk management in Sudan and/or elsewhere in Africa.
- Advanced degree in relevant social science (anthropology, sociology, political economy, social development etc.)
- Experience managing social issues identified in the World Bank’s new Environmental and Social Framework – Particularly: Environmental and Social assessment (ESS1), Labor and Working Conditions (ESS2), Land Acquisition, Restrictions on Land Use and Involuntary Resettlement (ESS5), Indigenous Peoples/Sub-Saharan African Historically Underserved Traditional Local Communities (ESS7) and Stakeholder Engagement and Information Disclosure (ESS10) – on both high and low risk projects.
- Demonstrated experience in resettlement and relocation, land acquisition and in the analysis, assessment and monitoring of resettlement plans and indigenous peoples plans;
- Experience with community consultation and the preparation, implementation and monitoring of Stakeholder Engagement Plans;
- Experience developing and monitoring grievance redress mechanisms to ensure accountability and ensure problems are addressed in a timely fashion;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Government, private sector, project beneficiaries and civil society;
- Experience working in a multicultural setting;
- Readiness for frequent travel within Ethiopia and the region.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Senior Environmental Specialist Post
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering or natural sciences is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the engineering or environmental management sector is required.
- Fluency in English is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
- Fluency in Amharic is required (writing, speaking, listening and reading).
Knowledge and experience in environmental assessment and management of environmental compliance in investment projects involving large scale civil works, extractive or industrial activities is required.
- Technical experience in environmental assessment and compliance related to large infrastructure projects is required.
- Confirmed collaboration and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A strong sense of partnership and ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in different developing countries.
- Last Date: 11th Feb. & 12th Feb. 2021
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
World Bank Ethiopia Advertisement
World Bank Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website:- www.worldbank.org/en/country/ethiopia
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2021
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2021
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2021
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia in 2021