World Bank Group ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
World Bank Group ethiopia Job Vacancies 2019-2020
- Education: At least a Master’s degree in Education/ Economics/ Development or other relevant field.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of relevant international work experience is required, part of which is preferably in Ethiopia or another sub-Saharan African country. Experience in working on projects. Familiarity with World Bank operations, including preparation and implementation support of projects is very desirable but not essential.
- High levels of energy, initiative, persistence and flexibilityin quickly adjusting to changing work program requirements. Ability to find practical solutions and persist with engaging with government, sometimes on difficult issues. Ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to country and management requests, and set priorities for self and others.
- Analytical/technical skills: Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in addressing education sector issues and proven ability to engage in policy dialogue and find openings for engagement. Ability to adapt lessons from other countries to the local context.
- Knowledge:Good understanding of the key issues, dynamics and evolution of the education sector in Ethiopia, including issues covered in the World Development Report on Learning and the Africa regional study on the quality of basic education. Knowledge of issues in higher education and skills in Ethiopia/ SSA countries is required.
- Partnership:Ability to work with a large variety of partners, including those from Asia, and build consensus with tact and persistence.
- Strong client orientation and excellent interpersonal skills:Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with government agencies and within and across sector boundaries; ability to identify problems, provide technical support, build consensus and arrive at solutions; commitment to excellence and teamwork, and to liaise tactfully as a member of a multi-sectoral team.
- Language:Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are essential; knowledge of Ethiopian languages is highly desirable.
Last Date:- 12th Feb. 2019
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
World Bank Group Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.worldbank.org/en/country/ethiopia