UNESCO Addis Ababa Job Vacancies 2018-2019: UNESCO Addis Ababa has recently publish an advertisement notification for Finance and Administrative Officer jobs opening for Feb. 2018.
United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture Addis Ababa (UNESCO Addis Ababa) would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for providing a range of administrative management support activities to the UNESCO entities in Addis Ababa (Liaison Office and International Institute for Capacity-Building in Africa), Ethiopia. S/he reports directly to the Director of the entities with overall guidance from the Bureau of Financial Management.
On matters of financial internal control in their capacity as certifying officer, s/he will have a functional reporting line to the Chief Financial Officer. S/he will receive policy guidance/ instructions from the relevant sectors within UNESCO on the areas of Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Security and Office Administration. S/he advises and supports Directors of the entities or the designates on administration, budget, financial, human resources management, premises-related and security matters within the Offices.
UNESCO Addis Ababa Job Vacancies 2018-2019
|Finance and Administrative Officer, etc.||N/A (Various Posts)|
Minimum Education Qualification
- Advanced university degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields.
- Professionally recognized accountancy qualification.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience with a focus on administration, finance and/or accounting, of which at least 2 years acquired at international level.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills, ability to identify issues and formulate options/recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional UNESCO mandates in the Region.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to solve routine and non-routine issues in the field of human resources, finance and budget.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, persuasively and use tact and diplomacy.
- Service-oriented and team builder.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to establish good working relationships with external and internal partners.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams.
- Ability to take initiative and seek innovative ways to improve results.
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of ERP and the financial, HR or administrative management tools.
- Excellent/very good knowledge of English and fair knowledge of French.
- Experience with international organisations or United Nations agencies.
- Field experience.
- Experience in the use of SAP.
- Knowledge of UN Rules, Regulations and administrative procedures.
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organisations and/or the UN system.
Pay Scale | Salary
- Salary : 79 907 USD (Annual Salary)
- Last Date:- February 11, 2018
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
UNESCO Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website:- www.unesco.org/new/en/addisababa
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2018
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2018
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2018
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2018