UNDP Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022: UNDP Ethiopia has recently publish an advertisement notification for National Consultant – Senior Specialist (Agriculture and Forestry Sector) for Africa jobs opening for January 2021.
UNDP Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
UNDP first signed its agreement of cooperation with Ethiopia back in February 1981. Since then, UNDP has focused on providing Ethiopia with strategic support to build the capacity of national institutions to enhance the country’s development results. Moreover, UNDP’s interventions prioritise long-term development impacts to build a resilient nation by informing policies, as well as implementing activities at the community level.
UNDP Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022
|National Consultant-To edit English version of the Gender and Aid Effectiveness toolkit for Ministry of Finance Economic Cooperation Directorates||19-January-2021||Addis Ababa|
|National Consultant – Senior Specialist (Agriculture and Forestry Sector)||21-January-2021||Addis Ababa|
|National Consultant-Assessment of the implementation status of the Government of Ethiopia’s National Action Plan and Strategy (2011-2015) on Violence Against Children and Women (VACW)||22-January-2021||Addis Ababa|
|National Digital Payments Strategy – Programme Management Advisor||29-January-2021|
Required qualifications and Requirements: Educational and years of experience requirements of the different expertise that would perform the institutional capacity gaps assessment and capacity building plan for NDCs in Agriculture and Forest sectors are shown below:
- Ph.D. in Agriculture (livestock, crop, soil, natural resources) with specialized training in climate change and MRV; OR
- Ph.D. in forestry (forest management, forest inventory, silviculture, forest ecology, forest soils, natural resources and land use). Specialized training and or background in agriculture, natural resources, agroforestry, climate change, GHG-MRV, ecosystem service, and climate change co-benefits.
- 10 years and above in this field and relevant consultancy engagement in similar works
- Practical experience in forest and natural resource management, crop and livestock husbandry;
- Knowledge on different projects/ programs such as the SLMP; REDD+, NFSDP, CRGE; GTP-2; 10 Years Perspective Development Plan, NAP, NAMA, AGP; PSNP, LMP, etc.;
- Experience in the capacity gap and needs assessment and capacity building plans;
- Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications will be required..
- A high level of written and spoken English and Amharic is essential; report writing skills desirable.
- Excellent communication skill including the ability to set out a coherent argument in presentations and group interactions;
- Capacity to communicate fluently with different stakeholders (civil society, government authorities, local communities, project staff).
UNDP Ethiopia Important Dates
- Last Date:- 21st January 2021
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
Ethiopia Country Office
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Post Box No. 5580,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: 251-11-551-5177 Fax: +251-11-551-4599
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Website:- www.et.undp.org
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2021
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2021
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2021
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia in 2021