John Snow Inc. Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2018-2019: John Snow Inc. Ethiopia has recently publish an advertisement notification for Events-Based Surveillance (EBS) Lead- Africa CDC jobs opening for Sep. 2018.
John Snow Inc. Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), officially launched on January 31, 2017 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, is Africa’s newest continent-wide public health agency. It envisions a safer, healthier, integrated and stronger Africa, whereby Member States are capable of effectively responding to outbreaks of infectious diseases and other public health threats. The mission is to strengthen Africa’s public health institutions’ capabilities to detect and respond quickly and effectively to disease outbreaks and other health burdens through an integrated network of continent-wide preparedness and response, surveillance, laboratory, and research programs.
JSI is seeking an Events Based Surveillance (EBS) Technical Lead for an Africa CDC effort to strengthen surveillance, disease intelligence, and health information exchange within Africa CDC and among Member States so that ultimately each Member State can effectively prevent, rapidly detect, and resolutely respond to infectious diseases and other public health threats. Within this objective, expected results include:
- Build an electronic platform for real-time collaborative analysis of public health threats to be used by Africa CDC and trusted partners;
- Support event-based surveillance implementation pilot and scale-up in Member States;
- Develop an overall strategy and technical requirements for real-time surveillance of the healthcare delivery system;
- Develop Africa CDC policy and standards for health information exchange within and between government agencies;
- Implementation of core activities of Africa CDC’s strategy to address antimicrobial resistance.
John Snow Inc. Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2018-2019
|Events-Based Surveillance (EBS) Lead- Africa CDC||N/A|
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in events-based surveillance
- Demonstrated experience in developing and conducting trainings and workshops, particularly with regards to surveillance.
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, donors, and implementing partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- 7 or more years of Africa experience a must
- Last Date:- 31st Dec. 2018.
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
John Snow Inc. Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.jsi.com