IWMI Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is a non-profit, scientific research organization focusing on the sustainable use of water and land resources in developing countries. IWMI works in partnership with governments, civil society and the private sector to develop scalable agricultural water management solutions that have a real impact on poverty reduction, food security and ecosystem health. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, with regional offices across Asia and Africa, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE).
IWMI Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2018-2019
Minimum Education Qualification
- A master’s degree or a PhD in ecology, hydrology, international development, water resources management, development economics, anthropology, sociology or another area related to IWMI’s research
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience holding positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and research experience relevant to IWMI’s overall mission of water management in developing countries, as well as knowledge of the functioning of the CGIAR system.
- A deep understanding of water, land and agricultural development challenges and opportunities in the country/region to which the person has been appointed.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with regional networks and building strong partnerships with different categories of stakeholders, which includes senior decision makers at national and regional levels and donor agencies.
- Demonstrated skills in managing programs and personnel, including experience forming, operating in and leading interdisciplinary teams that have delivered high-quality outputs on time and according to budget.
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal.
- Experience producing high quality written proposals, reports and academic papers. Proven ability – to communicate research results to stakeholders at different management levels in multiple countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and other stakeholders in a multicultural setting, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Post Date:- 25 September 2018.
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
IWMI Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- eastafrica.iwmi.cgiar.org