ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022: ILRI Ethiopia has recently publish an advertisement notification for Research Officer II jobs opening for March 2021.
ILRI Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022
|Research Officer II||N/A|
- Masters’ degree in Sustainable Agriculture, Agronomy, Soil and Water Conservation, Agricultural Economics, Physical Geography or a related field with professional certification
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication and networking skills and the ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic. Fluency in other Ethiopian languages is a plus
- Practical experience in project implementation in different parts of Ethiopia
- Practical experience in data collection related to climate, soil, hydrology, and agronomy
- Conducting field data collection, including setting up of measuring instruments, secondary data collection, literature synthesis, interviews and other forms of research activities
- Ability to analyse biophysical and socio-economic data using advanced analysis tools
- Knowledge and ability to learn and use models (e.g. CROPWAT, Aqua crop models for crop water demand estimation and irrigation scheduling determination) and water productivity databases
- Skills in hydrological models including calibration and validation techniques
- Programing skills in R and Python can have preferable advantages
Minimum Base salary:
- Birr 31,978 per month (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
- Last Date: 8th March 2021
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: C/RO/09/21 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 8 March 2021.
To find more about CIAT, visit our Website at http://www.ciat.cgiar.org
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
International Livestock Research Institute
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 617 2000
Official Website: www.ilri.org
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2021
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2021
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2021
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2021