ILRI Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022
|Team Leader, Herd Health/ Research Officer I||N/A|
- PhD in an animal health or relevant discipline with strong experience in veterinary service delivery
- At least 10 years’ relevant post-doctoral experience and a proven track record in research in animal health.
- A sound understanding of health issues in livestock systems in developing countries.
- Extensive experience of working in the field, preferably in developing countries.
- The ability to provide scientific leadership and manage a research team.
- The ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams and a proven record of collaboration.
- A proven ability to mobilize resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to communicate to diverse audiences
Research Officer I Post
- Master’s degree in economics, agricultural economics, or related discipline
- Proficiency in using statistical packages like STATA, R, and SAS. In our working environment, STATA is most commonly used
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and data management
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English
- A prior knowledge of GIS and Remote Sensing would be advantageous
- Previous work experience on agricultural water management, sustainable land management, nutrition, or energy related research would be preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience after Masters’ degree
- Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
- Last Date: 29 January 2021/ 25 January 2021
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 29 January 2021.
The position title and reference number: TL/12/2020 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
International Livestock Research Institute
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 617 2000
Official Website: www.ilri.org
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2021
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2021
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2021
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2021