ILRI Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org.
ILRI MSC GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP: GENETIC DIVERSITY STUDY AND GWAS IN A NAPIER GRASS (CENCHRUS PURPUREUS) COLLECTIONS IN SUB SAHARA AFRICA – Last Date – 30th June 2020
ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2020-2021
|RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II – GERMPLASM HEALTH – TEMPORARY||N/A|
- BSc degree in Plant Pathology, Plant science /Seed Technology Or related fields
- Diploma from a recognized university/college in Plant Pathology/Seed Technology/ Plant science or related fields.
- BSc degree with a minimum of two years relevant experience Or Diploma in relevant field with four years of relevant experience
- Experience in plant diseases diagnosis in the laboratory and field
- Experience working in laboratory, screenhouse and field environments
- Experienced in the growth and propagation of plants, preferably forages
- Experience in seed technology or conservation of plant genetic resources
- Experience in using a database
- Experience on QMS is an advantage
- Effective communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Good understanding of molecular laboratory techniques
- Broad knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and Integrated pest management (IPM)
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis and experimental design principles
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply it to solve problems
- Efficient data recording and management skills
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently
- Ability to work with laboratory chemicals, fungicides and other potential irritating substances
- Last Date: 25 May 2020
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2020
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2020
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2020
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2020