Danish Refugee Council would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancies 2019-2020
|Project Manager & Project Lead||N/A|
Minimum Education Qualification
- A post-graduate degree in migration, international relations, development studies, or other related field.
- The successful candidate is expected to have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior research management and/or advocacy role (head of research, advocacy specialist or similar) with an international NGO, preferably working with mixed migration issues in East Africa, with a particular focus on Ethiopia.
- Proven experience with variety of research methods and methodologies
- Proven technical experience in formative research planning and implementation
- Demonstrated expertise in communications, advocacy, policy engagement
- Experience working with national NGO partners and local/government authorities
- Proven experience using the finding of research into advocacy tools and products
- Experience with a range of donors, preferably with experience and knowledge of DFID
- Willingness to travel to and work in insecure environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage stress, multi-task and take decisions
(More Details Please Check the Advt.)
- Last Date:- 29th April 2019
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter in English through the online application on www.drc.ngo under vacancies no later than 29 April 2019.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
Danish Refugee Council, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- drc.ngo
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2019
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2019
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2019
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2019