Cuso International would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors.
Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. Cuso International has been supporting Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child Health (RMNCH) programming in Ethiopia since July 2015. Our primary intervention is through the provision of professional international, diaspora and national technical advisors, who work with local partners to deliver development programs. Our technical advisors are highly skilled volunteers, usually mid to late career professionals, who bring strong qualifications, years of post-qualification experience, commitment and new ideas to bear in their role as coaches and mentors.
Cuso International Job Vacancies 2018-2019
Minimum Education Qualification
• A University degree in Nutrition (with 8 years of experience) or MA level qualification (with 3 years experience)
• Or a similar level of qualification in a field relevant to the duties of this position, and/or a relevant combination of studies and experience.
• At least three (3) years’ experience working within development programs, at the community level.
• Excellent understanding of the Project Cycle, its tools and phases and at least three (3) years’ experience planning, resourcing, monitoring and implementing development projects.
• An excellent understanding and experience of the health sector in Ethiopia.
• A proven track record of successfully securing external funding for development programs and projects including the development of coherent and strong proposals and concept notes.
• Experience developing and managing budgets and creating financial reports.
• An appreciation of role and impact of volunteering as a contribution to international development.
• Proven commitment to mainstreaming gender and equality issues within work and ability to coach and mentor others in this aspect of performance.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to use different communication media effectively, including email, telephone, SKYPE, and written correspondence.
• Good public speaking abilities and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate, persuade, coach, mobilize and develop positive relationships with others internally and externally.
• Ability to work well and respectfully as part of a diverse team, and in cross-cultural contexts.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations i.e. medical emergencies, civil unrest, assaults etc.
• Excellent time-management skills and prioritization skills.
• Excellent problem-solving abilities, finding innovative solutions to difficult and complex challenges and the ability to persevere to find a resolution.
• Fluency in English and Amharic, written and spoken. Oromifa language is an added value.
• Computer and Internet proficiency (all Microsoft Office tools, databases, web research, web-based tools and transactions, etc.).
• Willingness and ability to travel both within country and internationally spending up to 8 weeks a year away from home.
• Willingness to work irregular hours of work and extra hours, in order to successfully meet deliverables.
• Valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
– Experience being, working with or managing volunteers.
– Knowledge of the development and socio-political context of Ethiopia
– Knowledge of the health sector in the Oromia Regional State
- Last Date:- Friday June 15th 2018.
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
Cuso International, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website:- cusointernational.org