CORDAID Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The overriding challenge in fragile and (post-) conflict countries is restoring trust and social cohesion, at community level and between communities and the state. This is what Cordaid does, right in the heart of communities, by mobilizing global networks, resources and knowledge. By doing this, we help people move beyond survival and live in dignity.
Cordaid has long been a pioneer in the implementation of Performance Based Financing (PBF) in the health sector. Since 2015, we have been running a PBF showcase project in the Borana Zone in Oromia Region (Ethiopia), in close collaboration with the Oromia Regional Health Bureau (ORHB) and the Borana Zonal Health Department (BHZD).
CORDAID Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2019-2020
Minimum Education Qualification
- Post-graduate degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Economics, or a similar degree;
- Medical degree with experience in working in a hospital is considered an advantage;
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience, of which at least 5 years in healthcare;
- Sound theoretical knowledge of, and experience in, Performance or Results Based Financing;
- A good knowledge of the Ethiopian health sector is a solid advantage;
- Experience as a Program Manager or Coordinator in similar environments. You have previous experience in complex (multi-actor, donor funded) projects with a budget of at least 5 million USD;
- Ability to build, guide and manage a team of core staff in Addis Abba and project staff in Jimma and Borana Zone.
- You have previous experience in supervising a team to implement a healthcare project;
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, including the ability to establish good working relationships, to transfer skills and knowledge, and to provide technical assistance to key actors;
- Fully proficient in the following software applications: Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of and experience in working with DHIS2;
- An excellent command of the English language. Command of locally used languages is an asset;
- Preparedness to regularly travel to the operational areas of the Jimma and Borana Zone;
- A flexible and pragmatic working attitude.
- Last Date:- May, 8th, 2019.
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least three professional references, should be forwarded on attn. of mrs Akiny Walender, Director Country Office Ethiopia, before May, 8th, 2019.
An integrity screening will be part of the application procedure.
Please note that we accept applications through our website only.
CORDAID Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.cordaid.org
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2019
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2019
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2019
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2019