CARE Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
CARE seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve resilience of pastoralist areas in Ethiopia through market expansion. This procurement is expected to be a five-year cooperative agreement in the USD $40 Million + range.
International relocation and allowances may be available for this position.
The DCOP will work closely with the Chief of Party to guarantee quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout project duration. S/he will provide strategic oversight and technical guidance to, and resolve challenges in implementation of, cross-sectoral activities reflective of the program’s theory of change, logical framework, monitoring and evaluation, and relevant work plans. In addition to promoting quality, the DCOP will encourage efficiency in program delivery. This involves continually monitoring program tasks and activities against goals; minimizing duplication of personnel activities; and defining and using standard operating procedures.
CARE Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2018-2019
|Deputy Chief Of Party||N/A|
- Advanced degree in International Development, Agriculture/Agronomy, Nutrition, Water-and-Sanitation Engineering, Economics, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and progressively-challenging experience working in two or more of the following areas: Food Security, Market Development, Resilience, Natural Resource Management, Gender and Social Transformation.
- Working knowledge of programming in chronically vulnerable environments, with an emphasis or experience working in pastoralist livelihood environments.
- Prior experience working on or managing USAID funded-programs is required.
- Proven leadership skills. Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Previous experience in Ethiopia is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Last Date:- 28/10/2018
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
CARE Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.care.org/country/ethiopia