ATA Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency (ATA) is a strategy and delivery oriented government agency created to help accelerate the growth and transformation of the country’s agriculture sector. The ATA envisions that, by 2025, smallholder farmers are commercialized with greater incomes, inclusiveness, resilience and sustainability, contributing to Ethiopia’s achievement of middle-income country status.
The agency focuses on two primary national approaches to catalyze agricultural transformation. First, we support the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), its affiliate institutions, and other partners to identify and address systemic bottlenecks within an Agricultural Transformation Agenda. Second, we support Regional Governments to accelerate development of high-priority commodity value chains in clearly defined geographic clusters, through the Agricultural Commercialization Clusters (ACC) Initiative.
ATA Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2019-2020
|Senior Technical Expert, Engineer – EIC||01|
- Minimum of BSc degree in Civil Engineering/Hydraulic Engineer/Building Engineer/ Construction of Management, with experience of at least eight years in managing complex and large value works and contracts. At least 8 years of combined professional work experience in either one or more of the following
- at least five years of experience with demonstrative effectiveness, in providing technical support on contract administration issues on large and complex projects.
- providing policy advice on economic development, industrial policy and/or investment related subjects in different developmental contexts
- have demonstrated professional experience in the interpretation of contractual documents.
- have extensive knowledge of national rules and regulations.
- team leadership, program/project coordination/support type roles,
- institutional capacity building roles business and/or public administration roles
- Knowledge of requirements for acquiring professional design and construction services in accordance with current Ethiopian regulations
- Knowledge of the laws and directives regulating building construction
- Knowledge of the procurement and contracts administration rules and laws of the country.
- Strong analytical skills in economic and social dimensions of development and investment;
- Experience in prioritizing and sequencing programmatic and operational activities;
- Basic understanding of Ethiopia’s economic policies and investment system, with broad perspective on how the entire system operates and how public, private and informal actors operate within the system;
- Demonstrated analytical skills in engineering, costing, and financial analysis
- Experience in creating partnerships at the national level and (preferably) at international level;
- Demonstrable track record of success with program design, performance management, learning systems and monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with emphasis on teamwork, accountability and results;
- Highly facilitative and collaborative leadership style;
- Excellent computer (ICT) skills, analytical and data gathering skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong set of personal values including integrity, honesty and desire to be of service;
- Fluency in English and Amharic is essential.
- Last Date: 20th Nov. 2020
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to submit (i) a cover letter and (ii) CV (maximum 3 pages) to https://apply.ata.gov.et
It is mandatory to mention the position title in the subject line of your application email.
Please DO NOT submit scans of educational and experience certificates with your application.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Agricultural Transformation Agency Ethiopia (ATA Ethiopia), Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.ata.gov.et
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2020
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2020
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2020
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2020