AHF Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global nonprofit organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to over 900,000 people in 39 countries. We are currently the largest provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the U.S.
AHF funds its mission to rid the world of AIDS through a network of pharmacies, thrift stores,healthcare contracts and other strategic partnerships. Generating new, innovative ways of treatment, prevention and advocacy has been the hallmark of our success. We are currently leading a mass testing initiative to identify and treat the 25 million people who are unaware they are infected.
AHF Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2018-2019
|ART Aide Worker & Pediatrician||N/A|
ART Aide Worker Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of ART Treatment support and follow up counseling for clients who may have adherence related challenges and complience to care
- Provide emotional support and initial adherence counseling for patients who are newly enrolled to care and o the treatment program
- Identify cases and families who may require additional support and thus develop care plan as per the standard recommendations
- Using the appointment calendar / TB DOTs as standard tool, identify patients who missed their appointment, LTFU and Dropped from Follow up and do tracing as per the national strategy (home to home, telephone, using the treatment support group). Ensure to have appropriate and updated contact address for all enrolled
- Do home visit to client who aren’t able to reach the clinic & those who need additional support
- Assist in the facilitation of adult support group program, together with thte Adherence Supporter, and monitor their regular meeting
- Facilitate the referral and linkage of patients who need the support of other related organizations (i.e. CBO, FBO, governmental organizations).
- Escort patients to-and-fro the clinics and community; also accompany patients to hospitals or other higner medical centers whenver necessary
- Support the clinical team (ART nurse, ART Data Clerk) in daily registration and patient chart extraction and arrangement
- Ensure the documentation of all job specific activities: patient referral, tracing registration, adherence counseling registration, kit distribution registration, and appointment calendar
- Execute adherence support related duties as directed by ART Nurse-in-charge, Clinical Officer, ART Clinician or Medical Director
Pediatrician Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong desire or inclination to work with children, especially those with HIV
- Provide quality care and treatment to HIV infected children and their families
- Provide PMTCT services to HIV infected pregnant and breastfeeding women who are attending the clinic as recommended by the national PMTCT guidelines.
- Ensure that proper care is provided for HIV-exposed infants:
- Ensure that all HIV-exposed infants are provided with ARV prophylaxis and cotrimoxazole
- Ensure that all HIV-exposed infants are routinely tested with DNA PCR through sample referral.
- Ensure that infants whose DNA result is positive are initiated on ART according to the national guideline.
- Manage TB/HIV co-infected children and their families
- Make sure that the family focused approach is followed as part of the comprehensive HIV/AIDS services provided in all AHF supported clinics.
- Set up a referral system for complicated HIV Pediatric cases that cannot be managed at any of the clinics
- Assist the ART Clinicians in decision making while shifting to second line ART management
- Supervise and mentor other health care providers in the clinics with a view to tasking shifting
- Train health care workers in the management of pediatric HIV cases
- Work in collaboration with other clinical mentors to provide regular mentorship and supportive supervision and mentorship to health care workers involved in managing HIV/AIDS in children
- Monitor their own activities with objective data and provide regular feedback to Medical Director
- Adhere to national HIV/AIDS patient management protocols and policies as amended from time to time
- Offer consultation to AHF-Ethiopia Management in designing of new clinic activities, planning, monitoring & evaluation of existing ones.
- Ensure that proper infection prevention and post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) procedures are followed at all AHF supported clinics and together with the ART Clinicians help establish a functional PEP program for clinics.
- Promote the routine offering of Pediatric and Adolescent ART adherence counseling to all children and their parents and guardians.
- Ensure the continuous clinical and periodic immunological staging and monitoring of all HIV-infected children.
- Participate when available in the clinic team’s monthly meeting, reporting and action plan preparation.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Executive or Medical Director
Last Date:- Please Check Official Link.
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
AHF Ethiopia Advertisement
AHF Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
Official Website:- www.aidshealth.org/global/ethiopia/
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2018
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2018
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2018
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2018