Action Against Hunger Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
Action Against Hunger-USA is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children and we enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 8,000 staff in over 45 countries, our programs reached 21 million people in 2018.
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1984 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectoral strategy where Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Mental Health and Care Practices activities are integrated to have a meaningful impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2021-2022
- You have a minimum 10 years experience in an emergency and/or a development context.
- You have at least 5 years of senior management experience.
- You have advance knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures (USAID, DFID, EU, UN, GAC etc.).
- You have high level financial management skills and are accustomed to steering an organizational budget.
- You have a sound understanding of strategic human resource management principles, strategies and approaches.
- You have an understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context
- You have the ability to manage the development of, and contribute to, the high-level analysis of the underlining factors of chronic under nutrition including socio-cultural factors
- You have a good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO.
- You are an effective negotiator, with the ability to influence cross-departmental and cross-sector working
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate and influence
- You have proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country program context
- You are results-driven and able to set and communicate goals and ensure effective and appropriate decision making and problem-solving.
- You eagerly engage your teams & promote the development & implementation of innovative approaches to solve core humanitarian and development problems.
- You’re able to analyze changes in your context & discuss the implications with senior operational staff. You are comfortable communicating organizational decisions to your team & relevant partners.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences – both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic but tenacious. You recognize that advocating for change & innovative programming requires building strong relationships with donors, local authorities & other partners, while retaining the space to speak confidently about Action Against Hunger’s programs & our knowledge of the humanitarian/development needs
- You are able to organize, mentor, engage and motivate a multicultural team.
- You are a tactful speaker & expert listener.
- You believe that every problem has a solution. It is the way we approach the problem that makes the difference.
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are able to continuously motivate yourself and your teams to deliver high standards of work.
- You demonstrate strong self-awareness and are not afraid to take responsibility for your actions.
- You are ready and willing to integrate into hard working and fun team that believes in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
- Last Date:- Please Check Official Notification
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
Action Against Hunger, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website:- www.actionagainsthunger.org/taxonomy/countries/africa/ethiopia
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2021
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2021
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2021
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2021