Nuru International Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2017-2018: Nuru International Ethiopia has recently publish an advertisement notification for Cooperative Business Intern Consultant jobs opening for November 2017.
Nuru International Ethiopia would like to invite qualified candidates for the following position.
The Cooperative Business Intern Consultant is an 8-10 week summer internship position based in Arba Minch, Ethiopia working with Nuru International, and reporting to the Nuru International Field Team Leader. Flights and accommodations will be provided.
Nuru Ethiopia established the Hidota Cooperative Union (“the Union”) to provide enhanced business training, market access, and greater aggregation of raw materials for smallholder farmers in woreda’s within Gamo Gofa Zone, SNNP Region, Ethiopia. Nuru beneficiaries participate in Nuru programming through the Union’s affiliated primary cooperatives (PCs), which integrates impact programs that address the most prevalent and fundamental challenges of extreme poverty around four key areas of need: Agriculture, Financial Inclusion, Healthcare and Education.
Nuru International Ethiopia Job Vacancies 2017-2018
Cooperative Business Intern Consultant
- Co-create and refine current business plan with a focus on improving organizational management, logistics, and reporting.
- Develop and train on the necessary financial management tools to execute on the business plan
- Market Analysis for new business opportunities (milling, pigeon pea, livestock, etc)
- Conduct market research and analysis of national cooperative landscape (including policy, economic, and social dynamics).
- Collect and analyze financial and other quantitative data.
- Carry out interviews and meetings with government officials, trade professionals, and customers
- Submit regular progress reports
- Travel through Ethiopia using public means will be required
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Must have an MBA or currently be an MBA candidate
- Must have business development experience in a similar context to Nuru (rural, development)
- Must be able to live and work in a developing country and rural environment
- Must have strong Excel and financial modeling skills
- Must be able to conduct field-based research and analyze data
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be responsible, dependable, and results-oriented
- Previous experience running a business, starting up a business, developing a detailed business plan, working with agricultural commodities, or food manufacturing will be advantageous
- Previous experience living and working in Ethiopia will be valuable
- Previous consulting experience in either the private or social sector will be advantageous
- 3 – 4 month commitment (preferably February – May 2018 but exact dates are negotiable).
Eligible and interested candidates should download the advertisement and check the Official Notification submission process.
To Apply: Please upload your resume/ CV and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Nuru International Ethiopia, Arba Minch, Ethiopia
Official Website:- www.nuruinternational.org
- Jobs in Ethiopia 2017
- Ethiopia Grade 10 National Exam Result 2017
- NAE Grade 12 Result 2017
- Ethiopia Text Books PDF Download
- University and Colleges in Ethiopia 2017